The potential health benefits of yoga include:
- Stress Relief: Yoga reduces the physical effects of stress on the body. It lowers the level of stress hormone,cortisol. Related benefits include lowering blood pressure and heart rate, Improving digestion and boosting the immune system, as well as easing symptoms such as anxiety,depression,fatigue, asthma and insomnia.
- Pain Relief: Yoga can ease pain. Studies have demonstrated that practicing Yoga can help with conditions such as cancer,multiple sclerosis,auto immune diseases, and hypertension as well as arthritis,back and neck pain and other chronic conditions.
- Better Breathing: Yoga Teaches people to take slower,deeper breaths. This helps to improve lung function and triggers the body's relaxation response.
- Flexibility: Yoga helps to improve flexibility and mobility, increasing range of movement and reducing aches and pains.
- Increased Strength: Yoga Postures use every muscle of the body,helping to increase strength literally from head to toe. Yoga also helps to relieve muscular tension.
- Weight Management: Yoga(even less vigorous styles) can aid in weight control efforts by reducing cortisol levels, as well as burning excess calories and reducing stress. Yoga also improves self esteem.
- Improved Circulation: Yoga helps to improve circulation and as result of various poses, more efficiently moves oxygenated blood to body's cells.
- Cardiovascular Conditioning: Even gentle yoga practice can provide cardiovascular benefits by lowering resting heart rate,increasing endurance and improving oxygen during exercise.
- Better Body Alignment:Yoga helps to improve body alignment,resulting in better posture and relieving back,neck,neck,joint and muscle problems.
- Focus on the present: Yoga helps us focus on the present,to become more aware and help create mind body health. It opens the way to improve coordination,reaction time and memory.